Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fiesta Mexican Grill

Next up in my restaurant review files is Fiesta Mexican Grill, a local burrito joint near Purdue's campus.  Somewhat similar in the vein of Chipotle and Qdoba, they offer up a service line of burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and salads. The similarities end there.  This place is easily one of my favorite places to eat, and you will quickly learn I'm not a stickler for fancy dining, I just like good food. 

Fiesta prepares their burritos as close to homemade as I have found.  They make their own tortillas and sauces, as well as having a variety of fresh accompaniments to top or stuff in your food.  I've heard the tacos and quesadillas are good, but I order a burrito every single time I come here.  Why mess with something so good?  They let you choose your choice of fillings including rice, two types of beans, and multiple meats (including a great grilled steak or roasted pork).  Then you can choose to have your burrito enchilada style, and let me say right now, do that.  They top it with a sauce of your choice (green tomatillo, green chile, or red chile), sprinkle it with cheese, and bake it.  Then you can add salsa, sour cream and a few other sides if you wish.

This place has become somewhat of an obsession at work, with "Fiesta Trips" happening every other week.  The food is outstanding.  The grilled steak burrito is my current favorite, with green chile sauce on top, which adds just the right amount of spice and lends great flavor.  If you live in Lafayette and have not visited here, you are truly missing out.




5/5 Sheepdogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment